- Building accessible websites and apps is a moral obligation
“You wouldn’t tolerate a builder who didn’t bother reading the building code or educating themselves on how to properly build a house. So why is that OK for us a builders of web things?”
- Accessible Page Navigation in Single Page Apps“Since we’re not relying on the native page load functionality, we’re now in the tricky business of managing focus ourselves.”
- Great Big List – CSUN 2019 Presentation Links
A massive list of CSUN Assistive Technology Conference presentation links.
- Things nobody ever taught me about CSS.
“…A small list of concepts I think are interesting and useful to better understand and write CSS.”
Utopia / Dystopia
- Two amazing ways that blind people can borrow other people’s eyes
“Smartphones – and increasingly smart glasses – have made it possible for blind and visually impaired people to instantly benefit from someone else’s eyes and intelligence. Let’s look at two top solutions in this space.”
- Smartphone society: Photos showing how essential the cellphone has become
“In a world where the smartphone is now ubiquitous, photographers capture daily life in which the personal device is part of the moment.” A photo series that’s at times heartwarming, and at times terrifying.
- Ethical Alternatives & Resources
An online platform for discovering ethical alternatives to “stuff.”